Most people think HypnoDontics and think it’s only about PAIN CONTROL.
Hypnosis successfully treats a wide range of conditions, anxiety, eating disorders, smoking, phobias, fears, addictive behaviors and habits contributing to poor oral health.
Hypnosis techniques can easily be learned by dental patients so that they can manage pain, deal with other dental issues, that interfere with treatment protocols, develop positive oral habits.
Are you a dentist? – there’s so much I can do for you too stress, anxiety, aches and pains.
Here are some examples of Uses of Hypnosis for Dental Patients.
- Elimination of the patient’s tension, anxiety or fear of pain and related discomfort.
- Accustoming you, the patient, to orthordontic or prosthetic appliances.
- Maintenance of your comfort during long and arduous periods of dental work.
- Modification of unwanted dental habits, such as bruxism, the unconscious grinding of teeth.
- Reduction of anesthesia (numbing) or analgesia (pain relieving medication) during dental prodedures.
- Prevention of Gagging and Nausea and control of Saliva Flow and Bleeding.
- Increased rapidity of post-procedure healing.
- The elimination of habits which are known as harmful if dental health. Smoking, bulimia, poor oral hygiene habits, nail biting, thumb sucking, use of teeth to open things etc.